I am on TS 6.5 with SP2 on win 2000. I am trying to kick off a Workflow when an enduser uploads/imports a file into teamsite. Well i know how to start a workflow from suggestion on devnet and also know how to a built a customization after editing ui_custom.xml. I was wondering if any one have done such customization on not the File>Import or import link on the top of you screen, but on the Import button, when one actually selects files to import and then clicks import button. Is it possible to start a workflow when this Import button is hit?Is it possible to customize this functionality to only one branch, and one user?Thanks In Advance.
Yes that is true. well i was more looking into a way that i can satisfy my customer. He wants his life to be very easy, all he does is upload files into teamsite as soon as he does that he wants the files getting submitted with an intermediate approval stage. I gave him and option of using my upload DCT to upload files onto the folder and then clikc finish to start a workflow, he says its too many steps. Wants something super fast. I don't know other way. Any suggestions from TeamSite Techies please...Thank you
[date time] userid role Lock workarea_vpath area-relative-path-to-imported-file ::UNKNOWN:: userid Locked by file import operation.