Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iwmigrate Error in TS 6.7.0
markmess
I am trying to run iwmigrate on a Windows 2003 SP1 server with TS 6.7.0
I am running the following command trying to create a new store with all the branches from my current iw-store.
iwmigrate -m Y:/web -o E:\iw-store\new_web -b /web/main -g > migration_log.txt 2>&1
The one error I see is "Unable to set user to adminstrator for server session"
====================
iwmigrate: 6.7.0 Build 55985 Interwoven 20060321
***************************************************************
***************************************************************
Before running this command, please ensure that:
1) You have obtained the latest version of iwmigrate from
support.interwoven.com.
***************************************************************
***************************************************************
Command line: iwmigrate -m Y:/web -o E:\iw-store2 -b /web/main -g
[Mon Sep 11 09:51:49 2006] No locale specified, using native locale for this system
[Mon Sep 11 09:51:49 2006] Converted backing store location is E:\iw-store2
[Mon Sep 11 09:51:49 2006] Configured backing store on system is E:\iw-store
[Mon Sep 11 09:51:49 2006] Starting backing store environment
[Mon Sep 11 09:51:50 2006] Unable to set user to adminstrator for server session
[Mon Sep 11 09:51:50 2006]
[Mon Sep 11 09:51:50 2006] Total files/directories/symlinks copied: 0
[Mon Sep 11 09:51:50 2006]
[Mon Sep 11 09:51:50 2006] Total bytes of data copied: 0
[Mon Sep 11 09:51:50 2006]
[Mon Sep 11 09:51:50 2006] Total EA's copied: 0
[Mon Sep 11 09:51:51 2006] Shutting down backing store environment...
[Mon Sep 11 09:51:51 2006] (This may take a while because the cache must be flushed)
[Mon Sep 11 09:51:51 2006] Please wait...
[Mon Sep 11 09:51:56 2006] Shutdown of backing store environment complete.
[Mon Sep 11 09:51:56 2006] Backing store environment is shut down
[Mon Sep 11 09:51:56 2006] iwmigrate failed
[Mon Sep 11 09:51:56 2006] iwmigrate can be restarted by running
[Mon Sep 11 09:51:56 2006] "iwmigrate -o E:\iw-store2/"
=============================
Thanks in Advance!
-Mark
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
msrinivas
Which version are you migrating from?
Do you have a user called "administrator" on the machine that you are running the iwmigrate from?
markmess
Initially, I was migrating a store created in TS 6.7.0, just to make sure I could get the command working. I do not have a user called administrator on the server. I am logged in using my AD user account, I am a master in teamsite and an administrator on the box.
-Mark
msrinivas
You might think it is absurd, but can you create a user called "administrator" on the machine and try running the command again.
HTH
markmess
ok, I created a user called Administrator and added him to the administrators group on the server.
I was able to run the script but I was getting permision errors when trying to read the editions. I added the Administrator user to the iwglobal group b/c that had full control on the editions and was then able to access the Editions on the Y drive. I ran the script again but still got the errors below:
===================
iwmigrate: 6.7.0 Build 55985 Interwoven 20060321
***************************************************************
***************************************************************
Before running this command, please ensure that:
1) You have obtained the latest version of iwmigrate from
support.interwoven.com.
***************************************************************
***************************************************************
Command line: iwmigrate -m Y:/web -o E:\iw-store\new_web2 -b /web/main/HCM/Brochure -s ed_0002 -e INITIAL -d -g
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:29 2006] No locale specified, using native locale for this system
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:29 2006] Converted backing store location is E:\iw-store\new_web2
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:29 2006] Configured backing store on system is E:\iw-store
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:29 2006] Starting backing store environment
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:30 2006] Converting branch /web/main/HCM/Brochure
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:30 2006] Begin replay branch /web/main/HCM/Brochure from edition ed_0002 to INITIAL
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:30 2006] Creating branches needed for /web/main/HCM/Brochure
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:30 2006] Found branch /main/HCM in input backing store
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:30 2006] Branch /main/HCM is not found in output backing store, will create
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:30 2006] Created branch /main/HCM in output backing store
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:30 2006] Found branch /main/HCM/Brochure in input backing store
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:30 2006] Branch /main/HCM/Brochure is not found in output backing store, will create
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:30 2006] Warning, can't find matching base edition in output backing store for branch /main/HCM/Brochure
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:30 2006] Using the first edition as the base edition instead
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:30 2006] Created branch /main/HCM/Brochure in output backing store
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:30 2006] Verifying chain of editions to be replayed.
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:30 2006] Check edition 0x0000201000000000000a6001
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:30 2006] Found edition ed_0002 0x0000201000000000000a6001 in input backing store
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:30 2006] Check edition 0x000020100000000000000000
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:30 2006] Error, unable to read edition 0x000020100000000000000000
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:30 2006] Edition verification failed
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:30 2006] Edition replay had errors for ed_0002 to INITIAL
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:30 2006]
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:30 2006] Total files/directories/symlinks copied: 0
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:30 2006]
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:30 2006] Total bytes of data copied: 0
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:30 2006]
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:30 2006] Total EA's copied: 0
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:31 2006] Shutting down backing store environment...
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:31 2006] (This may take a while because the cache must be flushed)
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:31 2006] Please wait...
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:34 2006] Shutdown of backing store environment complete.
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:34 2006] Backing store environment is shut down
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:34 2006] iwmigrate failed
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:34 2006] iwmigrate can be restarted by running
[Mon Sep 11 11:12:34 2006] "iwmigrate -o E:\iw-store\new_web2/"
========================
Thanks,
Mark
msrinivas
There are a bunch of things that you need to do before you run iwmigrate. I am not sure if you have followed them.
Refer to
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=55358
for more info.
Are you doing a iwmigrate on the same version just for the heck of it or is there something else that you are trying to do. I am not sure I understand your motives.
markmess
I need to migrate branches from a store in TS 6.1 to my TS 6.7.0 server. I was just trying to get the command to work so I can understand how to run it before trying it on my production server. I figured it would be easy just to take a branch from the current store and recreate it in another store with the same version but it's proving not to be.
I followed all the steps in the KB article you have provided. Your telling me the only way to run this command is with a user called "Administrator". So I create this user, I added this user to Teamsite, made him a master, created the Edition with his ID and I still cannot run the iwmigrate.
TestReport.rptdesign
msrinivas
I have not done iwmigrate on the same version. So I cant tell you that it will work for sure.
What you can do for this experimentation/testing purpose is take a copy of the store from 6.1 while it is on freeze and mount in on the new server and do a test migration.
Also I am not sure that 6.1 to 6.7 is a supported migration path. Please get in touch with support to have this answered. Most likely you might have to do a migration to 6.5 and then to 6.7.
Also, please check if you have TS6.1 SP2 installed.
HTH
markmess
I copied over a store from 6.1 and was successfully able to migrate it into a new store. I'm not sure if the path from 6.1 to 6.7 is supported but I didn't receive any errors running the command.
-Mark
Nicholas
copying store directly causes the version history loss, if your are not bother about this then I think would not be problem.
Thanks Nicholas
markmess
Ok, now you lost me. It specifically says in KB article 55358:
==================
4) Pick one of the following. Option a) has the benefit of preserving version history if you choose to migrate editions, but can take a week or longer. Option b) has a speed advantage (it can generally be completed within a few days) and can work if iwmigrate doesn''t, but does not preserve history.
"a) Migrate your content using iwmigrate.
To do this, take a copy of the backing store from the 5.5,6.0, or 6.1. While TeamSite is shutdown, configure TeamSite to use it by either placing it in the path of the default iw-store location on the TeamSite 6.5 system or configure multi-store to point to the store location. Notes are provided on the use of multi-store following these instructions."
===================
Now you are saying copying over the store and running iwmigrate does not preserve version history?
-Mark