Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
dbLoader eaAndXmlData issue/limitation
Bill Klish
OpenDeploy 6.1
Solaris 2.9
We are trying to convert an old deployment script from using a DnR to call DataDeploy in standalone mode. I thought using the eaAndXmlData feature through dbLoader was our answer, as we need to extract content from Interwoven DCRs and some of the associated metadata.
However, the problem is this. In standalone data deploy, specifying teamsite template records, and to get extended attributes, the data tuple produced by DataDeploy has BOTH the xml content (in XPath notation) and the metadata fields. However, in dbLoader, you have to specify the XML schema map file and EA schema map file, and the DataDeploy engine only sends XML content to the XML one, and only EA data to the EA map.
Why can't I have access to the whole set of information and just pick and choose what I want to reference in the schema files?
Am I missing something, or are we stuck with the old two transaction deployment of running DD as a DnR?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bill Klish
Anyone from Interwoven have some guidance here?
Bill Klish
Due to the lack of responses here I opened a support case. Turns out that this is a product limitation. I filed feature request #68953. Contact support to have your company added if you need this capability as well.
marcussteiner
but you can extract both data and metadata using DnR functionality. Is this still an issue?
Bill Klish
Yes, we are doing that now, but it performs faster as dbLoader and we eliminate the need for the perl script calling DD in standalone mode (basically invoking OD within an OD script). This is not the best model but confirmed by IWOV support as the only way at the moment.
rodigz
Hi ,
What is the recommendation of the support team? Did they provided patch on this?
Please advise.
Ideally it should be same concept as the standalone that you can use one schema file for xml and ea .
thanks!