Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Mediabin Advanced Search
LarryL
We are currently running Mediabin 4.5.3 build 15. I am trying to enable the Advanced Search option on both the web client and windows client. I can't seem to find the documentation on this. I'd appreciate any help
Thanks!
Larry
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
The Advanced Search is a facility that enables metadata to be defined as a hierarchy. For example, a user might want to search for pics of cars. The Advanced Search tab could be configured to show three html select fields, one for make, one for model, and one for year. If Ford was chosen for make, the choices available for model would be only Ford models. When a model was chosen, the choices available for year would be for only those years that model was available.
This feature is normally only used by Interwoven Customer Services Organization for custom MediaBin installations.
LarryL
I've found 3 files _customSearches.xml, _hierarchy.xml and customSearches.xsd, which look like I can configure the fields I want users to be able to search. However, I cannot get the "Adv Find" button to appear on my webclient. Where can I enable this feature?
Thanks
Larry
Migrateduser
The web client looks for the files you listed, but without the leading underscore. Note that these are template files that include instructions for configuration. Simply removing the underscore won't provide the information required to make Advanced Search functional. The tab will appear, but an error will be displayed at some point, if you try to perform and/or choose search criteria.
The metadata GUIDs in the Advanced Search files must match those in your MediaBin repository. Most customers use it to construct a metadata hierarchy as I had described earlier. I have also seen it used where there was no hierarchy involved. Instead it was used to enforce a mandatory list of metadata items that would always be submitted as a set to perform a search.
catorarn
have you seen the message: "Please add at least one criteria" while using this customSearches.xml:
[html]
Advanced Find:
fieldControl="optional" value="Southhampton University Metadata"/>
operator="Contains" operatorControl="optional"
value="Keyword Goes Here" fieldControl="optional"/>
[/html]
I am pretty sure that the guid for the Keywords university field is correct. The metadata field is custom, as the default readonly Keywords field was getting me this message as well.
Do you have a working example for me please? I wonder what is causing this behaviour...
regards,
arnout cator