Take whatever you do have and regex it into the format that you do want, potentially either appending or de-appending either //IWSERVER or whatever the value of iwmnt is. I think most everyone has some version of these two functions laying around[PHP] sub vpathToPath { my($vpath) = @_; my $iwmnt = TeamSite::Config::iwgetmount(); my $path = "$iwmnt$vpath"; return $path;}sub pathToVPath { my($path) = @_; my $iwmnt = TeamSite::Config::iwgetmount(); my ($vpath) = ($path =~ m#$iwmnt(.*)#; return $vpath;}[/PHP] NOTE: I don't usually bother to put the //IWSERVER in my vpaths. I just start with /default (or whatever the archive is). Technically, that's wrong, but there are some of the CLTs (at least there still were in 6.1, last time I checked) that didn't honor properly formed vpaths. Also, depending on what you're doing, slash direction may be important, in which case you'll want to use the tr operator to flip it to the right direction for your platform.
For example the windows CLT doc for iwextattr.exe states"Full path to a file. Uses the form:[//server]/archive{[/branch]+}/{EDITION,WORKAREA}/dirpath"My interpretation of this is that //server should be //teamsite or other server name not Y: which is returned by TeamSite::Config::iwgetmount();Where I see //server in the 6.5 documentation should this be the server name? Currently for this particular CLT I'm using a full vpath including the IFS drive Y:\defualt\main etc..How do I get \\servername? or does this information not exist.
iwextattr will take either a vpath or a filesystem path. I agree that it's confusing that the manual says it takes a vpath and then gives a filesystem path in the example.