Keep in mind that . only matches a non-whitespace character, so you really want something more like this:validation-regex="^[\w\W]{1,100}$"However, I suspect your problem is more in the tags and such that get inserted by the VFE, which could potentially create a dramatic increase in your character count, so you need to adjust your limit to account for that.Alternatively, if it's only the actual text that you care about and not the tags, it would probably be easier to do in javascript. Use one regex to strip out the tags and then count the length of what remains.
Keep in mind that . only matches a non-whitespace character
validation-regex="^[.\n]{1,100}$"
I suppose it might depend on what regex library is being used to process the validation-regex directive.From perldoc perlre:[indent]. Match any character (except newline)[/indent]- if this is the case - I think the regex you'd be looking for would be something more like:validation-regex="^[.\n]{1,100}$"though in practice it may perform about the same as that which you suggested.
Well, i have multiple VFE in the same template, so how should i use the max Character validation in multiple VFE with in same template. I have approx dozen of same templates at my templatedata.