It's so curious. There's no FormAPI involved that I know of. Is it possible that the Save button has been customized somehow? Is there a bug somewhere?
I had the same problem with refreshForm(). I found that using refreshItem() only updated the changed items and didn't affect the rest of the form and solved the problem. I modified the generic callout javascript to as follows:var calloutElementFound = false;for ( i = 0 ; i < calloutForm.elements.length ; i++ ){ if (calloutForm.elements.name == '$element_name') { calloutForm.elements.value = selectedValue; opener.top.datacapture.refreshItem(calloutForm.elements); calloutElementFound = true; }}if (!calloutElementFound){ return false;}
Setting: TS 6.5 SP2 (without Patch) on a Windows 2000 Server.My DCT has a replicant (see the DCT attached). It also has a callout (see the script attached). I've stripped down the script in hopes of finding the problem. It seems to revolve around "opener.top.datacapture.refreshForm()." In a DCR, it seems to change the Report field of the 3rd instance of the Reports replicant to be the same as the repName of the 1st replicant instance, if I follow these steps:1. Create 3+ Reports instances, making the 3rd Report different than the 1st Report2. Save3. Click the callout button4. Click Submit in the callout window5. Save6. RefreshThe 3rd Report (e.g., "Round Table Quota Report") gets changed to be the same as the 1st Report (e.g., "Circle of Honor Report / Net Gain Goal Report"). See the DCR attached.Incidentally, the 5th Report instance was being affected by this malady originally. After I removed a date field in the replicant, the 4th Report instance was being changed. Finally I removed the 1st field in the DCT (which was outside the replicant) and now the 3rd Report instance is being changed.It's so curious. There's no FormAPI involved that I know of. Is it possible that the Save button has been customized somehow? Is there a bug somewhere? Or is the problem between my chair and keyboard?I suppose I could try opener.top.datacapture.refreshItem(), but I'd like to understand what's going with opener.top.datacapture.refreshForm().Any comments will be appreciated!S.
Thanks for bringing it up here, I spent a good number of hours on this issue, and now see that I am not the only one who had this issue!! It confirms that I am not going nuts