Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
UI Customization
syal123
Has anyone tried to customize the "Description and Comments" section of the task details section in ccstd? I want to display some custom information there, is it possible? I mean if I want to access some variable value from the workflow/database and display it over there.
Please tell me wht file I need to modify and where can I find the reference to customize the "Description and Comments" section
TS 6.5
Unix
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
syal123
Does anyone have any suggestions??
BIRT2010-07-16 14-10-58.png
BIRT2010-07-16 14-11-59.png
syal123
hello everyone.
Its been a while since I posted this question. Is there anyone who can provide any output?
Any help will be appretiated.
Thanks
danpetrikin
It's not as simple a change in a file. Take a look at the UICG, it has a lot of good information on what you're trying to do. I actually have the same problem, but I got stuck...
- First a change has to be made to ui_custom.xml
located at:
/iw-home/local/config/lib/content_center/customer_src/etc/conf/customer
The change will have to remove the link to the current teamsite portlet, and replace it with a link to a custom portlet.
The current portlet, my_tasks_portlet.jsp, is located at:
/iw-home/httpd/webapps/content_center/ccstd/portal
The change will have to modify the objects that the portlet displays.
From the lines :
<%
//get Task Object
CSTask[] tasks = taskListCtx.getTasks();
%>
You can see the jsp load up a task object that is built into the teamsite jars. Then, when it wants to display the contents, it calls:
So they have their own widget for displaying the tasks.
This means, that either a new widget would have to be written, or a new object for tasks that included parent job information that is compatible with their current widget.
After said object or widget is built, the new code needs to be compiled into the teamsite toolkit. There is a script called "make_toolkit.ipl" located at
iw-home/local/config/lib/content_center/customer_out/ that will rebuild the code.