Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Inserting External Indexed Images
Konidala
I am able to access the image using the UNC path from MediaBin box. But when I try to add it as external indexed image into mediabin repository it give me error "Externally indexed files must be in a location specified by a UNC path and visible to the server." I am able to ingest the asset if I don't index it as external. Any help would be appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
When you accessed the UNC from the server hosting MediaBin, were you logged in using the same account that you have the MediaBin server running under? Maybe that account doesn't have permissions to the share. Remember to set permissions for the share (using the permissions button - not the security tab - when you set up your share through the Windows UI).
Konidala
Thanks for your reply MTS. MediaBin server is running as local Administrator account. Do you mean to say on both the systems Administrator password has to be the same? Thanks.
Migrateduser
No. What I was referring to was your own manual test. You had stated:
I am able to access the image using the UNC path from MediaBin box.
If the UNC location is not on the same server hosting MediaBin Server, you must run MediaBin server under a domain account that has been granted change permissions to the UNC share.
If the UNC location IS on the same server hosting MediaBin Server, you must grant change access to the UNC share for what you're calling "the local Administrator" account. Remember share permissions are set up via the permissions button visible in the dialog where you defined your UNC share. I frequently find myself going to the security tab, instead of the permissions button, in that dialog out of habit, which has no effect.