Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
What order is stored procedure executed in using DataDeploy?
Bill Klish
OpenDeploy 6.0.2 SP1 & DataDeploy 5.6 SP1 (mixed environment)
Deploying to SQL Server 2000
If I am going to add a stored procedure execution to an existing deployment, does it happen before or after the data is inserted? I want to completely wipe out some tables and load the contents of a bunch of DCRs into these tables for temporary use (1 - 2 weeks).
If it doesn't happen before the deployment, is there a parameter that I can use to make it work that way? If not, can i have a deployment config file that has nothing but a stored procedure execution defined, without table and column definitions?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bill Klish
Found it out myself. It appears that the deployment only either deploys to my dbschema or executes the stored procedure. I don't think it can do both at the same time.
I call the deployment with the iwdd-op param whcih executes the stored proc. Then I call the deployment a second time omitting the iwdd-op and it performs the data load.
Correct me if I am missing something.