Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DataDeploy returning success on failure
Bill Klish
OpenDeploy 6.0.2 SP1
DataDeploy module
I have a data deploy deployment going to a SQL Server 2000 database that is based on a file list of XML records.
I accidentally did not create the file list correctly (bad relative directory paths) which resulted in no valid files being found to deploy. The file and/or directory not found condition was correctly trapped by datadeploy, but the deployment returned success.
DBD: ERROR:/default/main/mysite/v3/Industries/in/mysite/v3/Industries/US/Building_and_Construction/Building_Innovations/en_US/WORKAREA/Building_Innovations/templatedata/LandingPages/detail/data/Building_Innovations not found:/default/main/mysite/v3/Industries/in/mysite/v3/Industries/US/Building_and_Construction/Building_Innovations/en_US/WORKAREA/Building_Innovations/templatedata/LandingPages/detail/data/Building_Innovations (No such file or directory)
DBD: -----------------------------------
DBD: Committing database [myserver:1433?database=mydatabase]...
DBD: Deployment[teamsite-to-db]
DBD: -----------------------------------
DBD: DCRs inserted : 0
DBD: DCRs updated : 0
DBD: DCRs deleted : 3
DBD: DCRs failed : 0
DBD: DCRs rolled back : 0
DBD: DCRs skipped : 0
DBD: -----------------------------------
DBD: Started : Tue May 23 17:16:16 EDT 2006
DBD: Finished: Tue May 23 17:16:17 EDT 2006
DBD:
### IWDataDeploy DONE ###
Is this a known bug, or do I need to file a case?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
marcussteiner
Are you sure this is a bug? Do you know which three dcrs have been deleted here (DBD: DCRs deleted : 3) ? Are those the ones in the filelist or some others? Can you give the area from the dd config file and the content of the filelist?
Bill Klish
There were no DCRs deleted, in essence, the area was set correctly, but the file list was not. I incorrectly sub stringed the paths.
For example:
/default/main/mysite/v3/Industries/in/mysite/v3/Industries/US/Building_and_Construction/Building_Innovations/en_US/WORKAREA/Building_Innovations/templatedata/LandingPages/detail/data/Building_Innovations
should be:
/default/main/mysite/v3/Industries/US/Building_and_Construction/Building_Innovations/en_US/WORKAREA/Building_Innovations/templatedata/LandingPages/detail/data/Building_Innovations
So, nothing was deleted, the paths provided to DD do not exist.
Migrateduser
If I'm not mistaken, there is no problem here. That is, if DD is given a filelist to deploy and the files do not exist, there is nothing to do so it gladly exits, returning a success. At least, OpenDeploy runs that way.
Bill Klish
I suppose you are correct. If this were deleted DCRs (holes) that were being submitted, they would be recognized as deleted and then be removed from the DB tables. I guess seeing the ERROR text in the log made me think this was a problem.
My bad.
Migrateduser
Not at all... OD/DD sometimes dumps ERROR lines in there and they're more just warnings than anything else. Regardless, there is the "Completed with errors" status it could return, as well, but if it doesn't see anything to deploy, I think that's basically an automatic success.