Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DataDeploy: Automatic timestamp field...
System
TS 6.1.0 Build 36267 Interwoven 20040610
OD/DD Version: 6.0.1.0.0 Build 41860 Interwoven 20041018
Oracle 9i
Solaris 8
I am deploying metadata from TeamSite into an Oracle 9i database. Everything is working fine, however, the application team would like a column added to the table that is a timestamp column. Whenever a record is inserted or updated the timestamp in this field should be updated to the current time. Is there a known way to do this in DataDeploy or do I have to do this in Oracle and DataDeploy won't know anything about this?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
ang1
One thing I can certainly suggest is to create a Timestamp field in the metadata and then changing the value of that field using DataDeploy tuple preprocessor.
You have to write a java program to manipulate the value of that field and call the java class from DD config file. Details can be found in DD manual.
-Anurag
Bill Klish
I believe there is an easy way to do this by configuring things inside Oracle to automatically update. I would think you set 2 triggers on the table, one for update and one for insert that puts the current time into your designated fields. That would be much easier, faster, etc. then adding metadata and writing a tuple pre-processor.