Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
MetaTagger - MediaBin Image tagging
Aryan
Hello All,
I am new to MetaTagger and I am trying to integrate MediaBin with MetaTagger.
The Metagger Integration document PDF says this regarding MetaTagger-MediaBin Integration.
"A MetaTagger primitive for processing Microsoft Office documents and PDF-format files is predefined. The MediaBin MetaTagger primitive instructs the MetaTagger server to open up Microsoft (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Adobe PDF documents and produce, based on their contents, the specified metadata (see “Configuring MetaTagger Settings”).
MediaBin includes default tasks, and it is not necessary to define any additional tasks that use the MetaTagger primitive. However, additional tasks you define can use the MetaTagger
primitive."
Does this mean that I will have to write any custom code or do any additional configuration for tagging metadata to MediaBin “images”? or is this OOTB. I ask this question because the line "A MetaTagger primitive for processing Microsoft Office documents and PDF-format files is predefined." confuses me. I am not sure whether primitive for processing the images is predefined in MetaTagger.
Thanks,
Aryan.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
you need to learn how MT works. It "reads" a document and suggests MD to apply to the document. There is no way to "read" an image automatically and say it has a car.
That being said, MediaBin already has attributes for images that can be manipulated through TS Templates and the ECM connector. The end user will need to decide what those attributes are.
Aryan
Thanks a lot for the info.
Do you mean to say that for "image" tagging, I will have to use MediaBin's own Metadata mechanism?
Thanks,
Aryan.
nipper
2 issues
MT GUI can tag any type of file. So if you have porsche.jpg, you can MANUALLY assign metadata to it. You can also use the ECM connector if you prefer.
However, MT's value is in the fact that it can read a file (DOC, PDF, TXT, etc) and automatically assign MD for that asset. That automatic feature will not happen for images.
Andy
Aryan
Thanks a lot, Andy.
Aryan
Migrateduser
One clarification: MetaTagger != TeamSite TagUI
MT is the vocabulary and analysis engine, not the editor-facing review tool. Both the TeamSite TagUI and MediaBin Asset Propertie s pages provide you that functionality. Alternatively, MT exposes the its services via Java API where there is a need for a custom UI.
Aryan
Thanks a lot for the info.
I guess i'll have to rely on the capabilities of ECM Connector to get image metadata.
Thanks,
Aryan