Graphical installers are not supported by the VM - RHEL 7

Having some trouble getting the GUI installer to install OD Receivers on a new RHEL 7 VM where I've had all the necessary 32-bit libraries installed, exported the display to my Windows PC's IP address, and set up my Xwin server to add the VM as an xhost. This same setup worked fine to install TeamSite and OD Base on similar VMs. This is maddening, of course. The only log I can find is in /tmp/installer.log and it seems to be complaining about some Driver:

2018-07-23 05:53:02,513 ERROR com.interwoven.wcm.install.framework.ia.Driver - installation type must not be null
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: installation type must not be null
at com.interwoven.wcm.install.framework.ComponentSelectionManager.(ComponentSelectionManager.java:159)
at com.interwoven.wcm.install.framework.ia.Driver.preInstallPhase(Driver.java:811)
at com.interwoven.wcm.install.framework.ia.Driver.install(Driver.java:353)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.actions.CustomAction.installSelf(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.AAMgrBase.an(Unknown Source)

but I don't know if that's a red herring or not. I have a support case open, but I'm wondering if anyone else can suggest what else I might be missing. The contents of the folder I'm running the install from have the main Linux installer bin and the .iwpkg and .mdsum files for the OpenDeploy installs. I'm running the install as root.

Answers

• I've used the GUI installer on RHEL 7 before, but I always have trouble with it. I tend to use the silent installer instead. GUI's are for people with weak minds.

Check the stdout.log and stderr.log in /tmp

I know I have had to install libXrender.so.1 separately. According to support it is supposed to be installed with the other dependencies but that didn't happen for me.

• libXrender is installed. Everything looks like it's correct - it's just not working.

• Apparently this has something to do with a firewall - I don't entirely understand it but our Dev environment is whacky somehow, Servers we have in QA and Prod that are set up exactly the same way I'm able tyo invoke the GUI installer no problem. So that was a fun waste of time.

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs