Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Transactional deployment and multiple execDeploymentTask / Farms = what effect?
Frederik
Hi
Can somebody answer with any certainty what a TRANSACTION really covers, in the case of having multiple 'execDeploymentTask' in the 'deployment'?
What is the extent of the transaction? ... both in case of same farm or different farm.
I've created some actual simplified cases to describe what I mean:
{CASE-1: multiple definitions}
In the following transactional deployment (defined below): if something fails in deployment 'TO-farm-a-1', will the rollback only affect the deployment-definition 'TO-farm-a-1', or all definitions?
(imagine there are no overlapping folder problems)
[HTML]
...
...
[/HTML]
{CASE-2: multiple definitions with different farms}
In the following transactional deployment (defined below): if something fails in deployment to e.g. host-z, will the rollback only affect the deployment-definition 'TO-farm-b', or all definitions
[HTML]
...
...
[/HTML]
I looked for almost an hour in docs and devnet, but couldn't find anything conclusive.
greets!
-Fred
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
stefanmaier
Hi Fred,
transactional="yes" covers all definitions in each of your two cases.
Thereby it is not relevant if you deploy to one or to two serverfarms.
If a rollback is necessary, it is always done on all machines.
Stefan
Frederik
Thanks Stefan. Since no-one is contesting your answer, I'll guess it's correct :cool:
Maybe a hint for IWOV to update their OD manual with that (explicit) info.