Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Domain Question
Bhargav Coca
Hello All
I am totally new to worksite. I was wondering, if any one can answer my question.
Can we have Worksite and TeamSite on same DOMAIN? If so what are pros and cons of it.
Can we have WORKSITE and TEAMSITE on same machine too?
Please let me know if this is feasible?
Thank you
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
IwovHeather
Hi,
Are you hoping to install WorkSite or WorkSite MP (multi-platform) on the same domain as TeamSite? WorkSite is used by many professional services and accounting firms as a document management and collaboration tool. WorkSite MP is our Enterprise solution for document management and collaboration. I am guessing this is what you are looking for.
If it is MP, are you hoping to integrate MP and TeamSite? We have a content connector that releases with the latest TeamSite 6.5 SP2 patches that lets you pull content from WSMP into TeamSite (it also works with MediaBin).
As for installing WS and TeamSite on the same machine. How powerful is your box? What versions are you planning to install? How much use do you anticpate the software getting? Would it be for development or production? My initial guess is that you should plan to have a server for TeamSite and a server for WorkSite MP.
If you have a Support site account, you can check out the compatibility matrix:
http://support.interwoven.com/resources/products/compatibility/wsmp.asp
And the Product Documentation:
https://support.interwoven.com/library/manuals/worksitemp/worksitemp.asp
This should give you an introduction into the product requirements.
Hope this helps,
Heather
Migrateduser
Yes, you may have them on the same domain. Honestly, that seems like a really odd question, and I would wonder why you would think you couldn't.
As for running them on the same machine - in theory, you could, but performance would be so awful, I can't imagine why you would.
Bhargav Coca
Thank you Heather and Rob, for the response. This Odd question was asked by my managers, I was confident that Installation can be on same domain, and performance can be a issue if installed both on one box. We are thinking of Win2003 with good hard drive and 2G Ram.
We have a scenario where TeamSite is running on a domain. My company is getting Worksite MP and wants to install on a different domain, but eventually they want to move TeamSite on that Domain. I guess this can be done but we have to generate new license for the TeamSite if we are moving the TeamSite server to a different domain.
Thank you