Hi peeps,I was wondering if there was a TeamSite event for when a resource is tagged with new metadata? This resource would reside in a workarea, and would not necessarily be in Staging.Looking at the iwevents.log, I don't see any events being declared.Does anyone have any input? Ultimately I would like to catch the event and force the TSSearch to do an incremental index on that resource.TS 6.7 - Windows 2003
Well, back to the idea of capturing SetEA events. I've done a command to register a SetEA event but I don't see any events fired. I read in the documentation that for some events you need to enable their logging in iw.cfg, but they only have one example and it's not intuitive. What do I need to enable in order to capture the SetEA event?What I've tried so far:iwat SetEA setea-handler.iplI also added the following line to the iw.cfg file under the iwserver section:log_setea=yesNo success. Can anyone provide suggestions or help please?TS 6.7 - Windows 2003
I don't believe any such event exists (feel free to check with support and correct me, or file a FR for it) - I believe the only way to do what you want is to put a wrapper around the tagger GUI and have the wrapper invoke the indexer for you after the tagger GUI exits.
This might be the reason for your longer time to see the new indexes. The value 0 for the iw.index.wamodifications.frequency is not permitted and if you analyze your log file u'll see that the indexer has put the warning and defaulted to 2 min.
In the CLT manual for 6.7, page 210, there is an event SetEA which states "An EA has been added to/modified on a file." Since the manual tells me so, it must be true, right? A KB article (49618) also lists the event. Surely they can't both be wrong?As for the wrapper suggestion, it's a good idea, I'll look into it.I also noticed that as the setting in the iw.cfg file was incorrect. The Admin guide uses the example "log_modifyfse=yes", but I've also seen it as "log_modifyfse=on" in two other locations. Eitherway I think your right, the SetEA event only exists in the minds of Interwoven. Pretty darn sad.
iwat setEA "c:/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl c:/iw-home/local/bin/setea_trigger.ipl"
I don't believe I've ever tried to set such an event trigger (for setEA) - but it might be interesting to find out if it works and what information is passed to the script when it's triggered...
What I've tried so far: iwat SetEA setea-handler.iplI also added the following line to the iw.cfg file under the iwserver section:log_setea=yesNo success...
Apparently it was working.In iw.cfg under [iwserver]:log_setea=onCommand:iwreset -aNot sure how I missed it, but this does work. Either something on the box changed or I was staring at my screen far too long!This fires off many setea events. Especially when you use the Tagging UI, since all the EAs will be rewritten. Even by saving a DCR, some EAs are reset.