Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Need help with WorkSite ASP.NET integration
BalaVenkat
Hello all,
I’ve recently been assigned to work on WorkSite with ASP.NET. I’m a complete newbie as far as WorkSite is concerned. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction where I can add a document to WorkSite (and get a handle to the document), delete a document and view the document (preferable provide a link to the user of our ASP.NET client to the document). I do have the COM reference manual, but any .NET startup code in this regard is greatly appreciated.
Thanks a ton.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jny
In the COM Reference manual, refer to the following methods to create a and import a document to WorkSite:
IManDatabase.CreateDocument
IManDocument.SetAttributeByID
The sample code to create and import a new WorkSite document is under the IManDocument reference.
In the same manual, there is also reference info on the method to use to delete a document is IManDatabase.DeleteDocument.
' Assuming objDatabase is a valid handle to an IManDatabase Object
objDatabase.DeleteDocument ,
You may also review the SDK80SampleApp.sln to see how iManage.dll 8.0 API's are consumed in an application.
Depends on you would like to view it, if you want open the document file in its native app in read-only mode, you may use the IManExt.OpenROCmd to accomplish this. Please refer to the IManExt.OpenCmd that is documented in the iManage Extension Library for WorkSite Developer's Guide.pdf. Both OpenROCmd and OpenCmd Objects have the same required context.
If you'd like to view the document in another way, please explain in more details.
Note: you cannot delete a document object then view it.