Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Custom Objects
neil_a
Hi, I'm fairly new to java and I'm trying to create a custom external object.
I've made a class similar to the one in the developer guide and declared it as a package.
e.g.
package my.custom.package;
I've compiled the class into a jar file and placed it in our livesite lib folder (INSTALL_DIR/livesite/lib).
However, when I try to reference it from my component like so:
my.custom.package.myclass
GetContent
I get the error
com.interwoven.livesite.common.business.BusinessException: Failed to instantiate :[my.custom.package.myclass]
....
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: my.custom.package.myclass
Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong?
TIA.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
neil_a
Ok I resolved my first issue. The server needed a restart before it would recognise any new libs.
However, now I get the error...
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: .... (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
Any ideas?
neil_a
I just downloaded java 1.4 and that corrected the problem.
RichDiaz
Thanks for reporting the fix!