Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DataDeploy to more than one database (pre-prod and prod)
System
I want to deploy the workarea stuff to one server (pre-prod) and the staging stuff to another server (prod). They can both have the same database and table names.
Here is what I have done.
I copyied and pasted the existing database elements from my test_dd.cfg file to a location under the existing database elements in the file and then changed the use = attribute to my second database setting in my database.xml file.
I'm almost doubling the test_dd.cfg file by using the copy and paste method.
Is there a better way to do this?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I did some more reading of the Database Deployment for OpenDeploy®
Administration Guide Release 6.0.2 and did the tutorial on page 174 and was able to get a better understanding, now I have my two databases (prod and pre-prod) working.