There is a item in my form template:[html]application form[/html]Now we want to browse the file of another branch that contain all the application forms. But the browse dialog only show the file in current workarea, so how can I link to file of another branch?Thanks for help !
This is not supported by the browser item.The only way to do this by creating a new cgi-callout item which would call a custom cgi to browse the other branches.Cheers,
it *used to be* the way. Thanks goodness (or to IWOV, who made their browser customisable from 6.5), my code is no longer in use...
Hmm - I'm facing this issue now myself - are you saying that in 6.5 we can set the initial and ceiling dirs to point to a complete vpath that is different than the areavpath of the branch the DCT / DCR is in? (I'll have to try this when I get on site)...
Well - it looks like you need to use a relative path to the other branch (i.e.: "../../../other_branch/STAGING" instead of "/default/main/other_branch/STAGING") - but it works! which saves me some time ;-)
well, I knew it's not oficially supported, but based on what Jeff did, I assumed it worked fine. And again... it puzzles me as to why it's not officially 'open' for developers. Proxy failovers were in place for ages, we (when I was with IWOV) were pushing the idea of saving images (and other assets) in one (sub)branch and yet no 'oficial' multi-area browsing capabiliy as of TS 6.5...Well, if you need my browser, you might have it.. I think I did start working on 6.X customisations... At least I have customised the directory browser (that takes directory name only).