Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DataDeploy and SQL Server
chikao123
Does anyone know of any program that removes unwanted characters from DCTs that will feed SQL Server. I find it hard to believe that many of the special characters (i.e. &, ', ( and etc..) have to handled by the developer and Teamsite doesn't have anything within the application to handle these values.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Why should TS/DD need a builtin filter cause a special character breaks SQL server. That is a bad DB. I know I drop many special characters into Oracle or DB2 without issue.
If you have a field with constraints, (i.e. integer) then yes, you need to, and can easily enforce it in your DCT. I have not seen a VARCHAR the croaks on an & (or other)