I am using Teamsite 6.5 on windows 2000 sever.I have a replicant item which is hidden.I want to set the values of replicant item through Formapi.But getting error whenevr using setValue function.Any idea where am I wrong.
The same code is working if I make it visible.And again gives an error if it is made hidden
I am using Dct of IWov format.
Also note - you'll get an error if the first item declared in the DCT is hidden - something about not being able to set focus on a hidden element.
I beleive it has been fixed in 6, certainly in 6.5
Nope - I just ran into it yesterday on 6.5 SP2 on Windows - I changed the hidden field to a readonly field and that "fixed" the problem (I could also have moved the item within the structure, but ...)
Hi,I am using datacapture5.0.dtd for my DCT
TeamSite® FormsPublisher Developer’s Guide Release 6.5<hidden> Specifies that the data will not be shown in the data capture form. A <hidden> field may receive data from a callout program. Note: You cannot currently specify a default value.Attributes:.. required: See <browser>.Subelements:.. <allowed>: See <browser>... <callout>: See <browser>.
There is no way to use <default> with <hidden>. This has always seemed to me to be an obvious limitation to templating, but AFAIK, it has never been fixed.
True, but the work-around is to set the default value, and then use FormAPI to set the field to hidden rather than declaring the field as hidden in the DCT.
<soapbox mode="on">True, but the workaround sucks (to use a technical term). FormAPI doesn't run when just viewing a DCR, so whatever you were trying to use as a hidden is suddenly visible to the user. The frequency of posts on DevNet with the subject of "Hidden fields no longer hidden when viewing DCR" or some such point to the problem.</soapbox>