Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
custom workflow to allow reviewer to edit the file
Thiags
Hi,
I am working on a workflow in which we should give a provision for the reviewer to approve or reject or edit and resubmit. I am done with the scenario where original author submits a dcr and the reviewer can approve or reject. When the reviewer rejects the task gets re assigned to original author.
I am stuck up at the next scenario where reviewer edit the dcr and clicks finish, an review task for original author should be created. If you have worked on similar type of workflow, on what basis can i check whether file has been modified.Is that something based on file version or last modified user.
With the R & D done on this I found the workflow triggers only once while submission of the file during which it parses the file and loads the job specifications into the memory. Can you please correct me if this is wrong and
I would really appreciate if you can throw some light on how to proceed.
Thanks,
Thiags
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
This sounds like a very slight customization of one of the OOTB workflows. I recommend you read the workflow documentation --
Since the review task is a usertask anyway, s/he should have the option to edit the DCR / generated file from within the same interface. So, it appears that nothing need to be different, unless I'm not understanding properly.
Thiags
Hi Dave,
Thank you so much for your reply.
The documents speaks the scenario where the reviewer is readonly in all the examples.
What i am specifically looking at is the reviewer should not be on a readonly mode,so he can able to edit and once if he edited the file the task needs to assign to author again for review.So the cycle repeats.
Currently i am trying with this.
$lastuser=get_lastuser;
sub get_lastuser{
my path="area_vpath";
my $get_file_version="C:/PROGRA~1/INTERW~1/TeamSite/bin/iwattrib.exe";
my $cmd_get_file_version="$get_file_version $path lastuser";
my $last_user=`$cmd_get_file_version`;
return $last_user;
}
And within usertask iam calling this
my $unew="__INSERT__(get_lastuser)";
my $uold="__INSERT__($lastuser)";
if ($uold eq $unew){
__INSERT__("<succ v=\"Submit\"/>");
}
else{
__INSERT__("<succ v=\"Email_Author_Reviewer\"/>");
}
but it doesn't help me out. Any suggestions..
Advance Thanks,
Thiags
Migrateduser
If you were to specify "readonly='f'" in the review task, would that rectify the situation? The usertask is a low-level means of editing, regenerating, etc. I find that I usually like to create some sort of interface to this and make it a cgitask only because a GUI seems nicer on users than having them go through the workflow interface.
Dave