Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DataDeploy optional table - skip-group-if-null?
mmarano
I am using datadeploy to send DCR content to an Oracle database. I am deploying Article content which is related to a product asset (mananged as a separate record in the db/teamsite). The article has an optional review score which is associated with the product the article is written about. There can be multiple articles per product, but only one article can have a score for the product.
I am having a problem where an article with no score is erasing the score from another article, since the scoreless article doesn't have the score replicant. The score (and some related data) is stored in a seprate table.
I was hoping to be able to use the skip-group-if-null="yes" option on the score group. I was under the assumption that if the DCR had no values for the score, that this table would be skipped altogether. Adding that field to my deployment descriptor doesn't seem to help at all. Can anyone shed any light on the issue of skip-group-if-null?
I know that abstract descriptions of specific Deployment problems can be useless. If you need to see the deploymen descriptors, I can send them.
Thanks for your help.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mmarano
anyone have any clue. I'm trying to avoid having to redesign my forms and migrate existing data to fix this bug.
Bill Klish
I am not convinced that this is a bug.
Forgive me, but I don't see mention of this setting in the OD 6.1 DTD directory or in the DataDeploy manual. Where exactly did you see this setting?
mmarano
od.602.ref.pdf pgs 170,198
I don't know if I have a bug or not, but it isn't doing what I expect it to based on the description.
Bill Klish
Are there values for other columns in your database even if the score is empty, i.e. primary keys, sequence values, etc.? If those columns have data then DD will not skip this just because one of the columns is null. Keep in mind I have not used this feature, just trying to help.
mmarano
there are no values going to this table if the given replicant wasn't added.
mmarano
The problem is, if I submit a DCR that doesn't have any values for the primary key for this table, then (with or without the skip-group-if-null), I get a deployment error because there is no value for the primary key.