Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Some 6.7 Upgrade questions
jhighstreet
I am upgrading from 6.5 sp1 to 6.7 soon and am trying to gather information about the proper path to do so. We are getting some new Sun boxes and are going to be possibly VMWare- ing them (may be beside the point for this post though). Anyways, here are some concerns/questions I had...
As a first-time installer newbie any other info or pointing me in the right direction toward manuals, etc. would be most helpful!
1. Can we convert our contentstore from 6.5 to 6.7 directly? If so, how do I move that to a new server?
2. Can we upgrade directly to 6.7 from 6.5 sp1 or do we need to go to sp2 first?
3. Are there any issues (I didn't notice the newest apache on the matrix) with other new software on the server? We are planning on upgrading Apache and Tomcat to the newest, Solaris is at 8 now but we are planning on 9 or 10.
4. Is it better to upgrade or install new from scratch? The new boxes will be new installs so can 6.7 be stand-alone or does it require a previous version?
5. Any issues upgreading opendeploy from 6.1?
Thanks!
Jon
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bill Klish
We are using VMware currently, it's a fantastic product. Highly recommend it.
1) I don't believe there are any changes to the backing store structure from 6.5 to 6.7, but once it is in 6.7 it can't go back to 6.5.
2) Page 16 of the TS 6.7 Release Notes says you need to upgrade to SP2
3) Not sure I follow the question about other software. And are you referring to upgrading the version of Tomcat that Interwoven ships TeamSite with and that its web apps run on?
4) I would install from scratch, guaranteed to be the cleanest install. Hopefully you have an easy way to move your configuration files and customizations between servers (i.e. stored in the backing store, etc.).
5) I think you meant to ask are there issues upgrading to OD 6.1. I haven't come across any yet.