Can an OpenDeploy v6.0.2 receiver receive deployments from 2 different base nodes concurrently ? The target directories and deployment profile names are different.If the answer to the questiom above is yes, can the source base nodes be different version (one is v6.0.2 and the other is v6.1.0).If not is the best solution to install 2 receiver instances on the target server ?Thanks
My understanding was that it could be done, but I simulated a test from a base node to base node (ie: same server) and the second deployment failed like it was timing out. The target directories are different. More specifically it worked fine for filelist deployments but failed for area comparison dateDifferent deployoments.It's good to hear others have done same and it works OK as my simulation is not entirely accurate as all source and target nodes are the same server.Thanks.
the concern I would have had is that the newer version is usually is not good as a sender.
Unless something changed somewhere - the strategy for updating OD has always been to update the sender first, and then the receivers - so your statement here would seem to be in direct conflict with that.Sometimes you need to configure something on the sender to tell it you're doing a down-rev deployment, but I think that was primarilly in 5.6/6.0 days - if you're down-rev receiver is at least 6.0 (possibly 5.6) then I believe the up-rev sender should be able to determine the down-rev version on the fly via the ACK/NACK communications - and "do-the-right-thing"If this isn't happening, then I'm pretty sure it classifies as a bug and should be reported to Support.