I recommend that you do not put English and French content into one DCR. My associates and I have looked at 3 models, each with their advantages and disadvantages:1. DCT per language, DCR per language, TPL per language2. DCT with English and French fields, Bilingual DCR, TPL per language3. DCT with Bilingual labels but one set of fields, DCR per language, TPL per DCTModel 1 is intuitive but requires that you manage double the amount of assets for your content types. From experience, this is a bad idea because you will run into inconsistencies when updating and it requires a lot of effort to maintain.Model 2 seems reasonable since the English and French pages are the same content. You've noticed already that MetaTagger becomes a problem. Even the search engine will have problems. The K2 engine reads a DCR to automatically determine its language. It will not mark a record both English and French, it will choose only one. Other problems are hypothetical, such as how will you divide language processes if the content is in the same file? What the implications through workflow, deployment, etc? What if your client requires an additional language?Model 3 tries to avoid the pitfalls of 1 and 2. By using one DCT, and one TPL, you reduce the maintenance involved with duplicating your assets. The DCT will have bilingual labels, but the author will choose the language of the record and input content in language only. By producing language specifc DCRs, you avoid the metatagger and search problems. The model is also flexible to different business processes around authoring, approval, etc.So far I've seen all three models implemented. I know with Model 2, however, that MetaTagger was not considered during the design phase, so they might have to go back to the drawing board. I've worked with Model 1 in the past and I'm avoiding it like the plague.So while I can't say that Model 3 is unquestionably the way to go, I'm still putting my money down on separating the records.Hope this helps