Hi,I have developed a tool which can easily transform non printable format DCR's into Printable format like HTML, DOC, RTF and PDF. this solution can be used as a CLT into the external task of the workflow and its blazing FAST. (:-))I am looking ways to copyright that. Could someone suggest me that how i can i register / copyright and licensing for that.ThanksRGInterwoven Certified Teamsite Consultant309-791-1195
while I doubt the need of that 'tool', you can copyright it via U.S. Copyright Office, if you are in the US, I guess. And then Interwoven will pay big money to buy that copyright off you.
Actually - if you wrote the code I believe it is already copyrighted. What you probably are thinking of is patenting it - in which case you want to look to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (http://uspto.gov)(sorry Greg - didn't mean to reply to your post)
How about releasing it under GPL?
Hi greg,Thanks for your reply. I am in usa, and will check for the process to get the copyright. Dont know for the big money but if brent or patrice will ask, i have to give this on trial.. ThanksRishi
(sorry Greg - didn't mean to reply to your post)
just adding your copyright in the header of the script will do the trick, as far as I know
I am not sure what arrangements do you have with Patrice/Brent. Could be that whatever you do under a particular engagement, falls under a separate copyright and you explicitely give up your right. Read the fine print
I would not waste your time I have implemented this using XLST for two clients. XLST is on the main open source so I would not bother, but if it makes you feel good what the **** ;-)
There is no mean what you used to make it, There are many ways to change any problem in solution. FYI my tool is running at more than 10 Fortune customer so if it makes you feel good or bad what the **** ;-)