You should set a UID bit on the script itself, assuming it's owned by root. You can set this with:chmod u+s script.cgi... for instance. Needless to say, use care when doing this and you might want to make sure that this script is NOT world-writable (or perhaps even group writable). There are some serious security implications to doing this but that's how to do it.
Hi All,Thanks in advance. I am trying to run a CGI program. When I execute the CGI program, it should always run as root. Could any one tell me,what should I include in my CGI program.TeamSite 6.5UNIXThanks,Shetty
Dave,Thanks for your reply. I know that we can change the permissions using chmod. But my requirement is in such a way that I have to run the CGI script as root on execution. We do not want to set the permission bit before the script is executed. We would like to code inside the CGI script at the beginning so that it runs as root.Thanks.