Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Match null value in substitution or filter in DD
jkepler
I am having problems matching a null value for either a substitution or a filter element. I am trying to use a discard filter to ignore a DCR if it contains an EA that is null. Something like:
<filter name="DiscardFilter">
<discard>
<or>
<field name="db/dcrmap/htmlpath" match="^$" />
</or>
</discard>
</filter>
I have tried to match with 'match="^$"' and with 'match=""'. Neither work. I even tried to set up a substitution that replaced "^$" or "" with "DISCARD" and set up a discard filter to check for that, thinking that it might work as a substitution if it wasn't working as a filter.
What's going on? How do I match a null value in a DD config file. I've seen some suggestions on other threads, none of which seem to work. I've enclosed the dd config I am working with.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you.
--
OpenDeploy Version 6.0.2.0.0 Build 47215 Interwoven 20050413 w/ DD module
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I haven't tried this but what about passing ^NULL$ to it?
jkepler
That would have been nice, eh? I tried "^NULL$", "^null$", and "null". No dice.
TroyP
I have had success doing this by making the value required. In my case it has to contain a word character. See red line below for an example.
[HTML]
[/HTML]
TroyP
To make a value null in my DB I use a substitution like this:
[HTML][/HTML]
...where I know that there will never be a match after public.