TeamSite 6.7.1RedHat EL 4.0I can't seem to find the recommended specs for 6.7.1 on Linux. I assume we should use the windows specs, but am wondering if there is something more specific out there.
Remember, ONLY 32-bit servers are supported for Linux. Try to buy one on the market and let me know if you succeed.
AMD's x64 chips will run in 32 bit mode. I assume intel Xeon chips are the same. As an example, I have no idea which version of Redhat TeamSite needs, but many of Sun's opteron boxes are certified on Redhat in 32 bit mode.http://www.sun.com/servers/entry/x4100/os.jsp#Redhttp://www.sun.com/servers/entry/x4200/os.jsp#Red
Thanks for the tips, we are still in the planning stages and may continue to stay with our Sun servers.
TeamSite 6.7.1 supports RedHat AS/ES 4.0 on x86 systems. We will certify AMD64 systems in 6.7.1 SP1 which is targeted Q2/07. However as Jed pointed out that AMD's x64 chips will run in 32 bit mode. TS671 should work as well on such systems. Actually, we have conducted some preliminary testing on AMD64 systems and the result is promising.Thanks,Meili ZhongSr. Product Manager, WCMInterwoven
An excellent choice! I think I'll do the same
so, Jed - in the light of the latest Meili's reply, what would be your reccomended hardware? I don't think you can now find any 32-bit servers on enterprise level. My opinion is that IWOV has released 6.7.1 on Linux that could now be used only on desktop machines. ditto.
Excuse the rant--getting back to your question...Since some folks cannot go that route and they *have* to use Linux, go with opteron boxes and risk it. Seriously, it is such a low risk that something will not work. My primary concern would be finding hardware certified to run 32-bit Redhat. There are thousands of apps that are proven to work in 32 bit mode. Will Interwoven really refuse support if you are running a x64 server in 32 bit mode? I imagine a call to your sales exec could clear up any "misunderstandings" with support. Or, keep a pentium 4 laying around the datacenter and verify any bugs in true "x86" mode.~jed
As of now, we officially only support x86 systems, but we are conducting test on running 32-bit OS on 64-bit system. We will let you know soon.Thanks,Meili Zhong
Will the IWOV officialy start supporting 64bit systems ONLY by SP1 of 6.7.1