I have installed and configured Search and indexed one branch with default settings. It went off fine. Later I added a template field in FieldMapping.xml. To make effect of this, I purged the previous index and restarted the IndexServer. The server is starting properly, but it could not index the branch and the following is the snippet of the log file generated.
[07 Nov 2006 11:00:39,279] INFO com.interwoven.hunter.index.IndexManager (main) - Registered search server host

ort = SG-IV-BAK.mansiondev.com:6720
[07 Nov 2006 11:00:41,210] INFO com.interwoven.hunter.index.IndexServer (main) - Index Server is ready.
[07 Nov 2006 11:00:41,212] INFO com.interwoven.hunter.index.BulkJobProcessor (BulkIndexer-0) - BulkIndexer-0 starting indexing of branch //SG-IV-BAK/default/mai
n/mansion
[07 Nov 2006 11:00:47,446] ERROR com.interwoven.hunter.index.BulkJobProcessor (BulkIndexer-0) - Couldn't complete indexing due to exception
java.io.IOException: Permission denied
at java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
at java.io.File.checkAndCreate(File.java:1314)
at java.io.File.createTempFile(File.java:1402)
at com.interwoven.hunter.index.IndexerSupport.createFileForBIF(IndexerSupport.java:134)
at com.interwoven.hunter.index.AbstractJobProcessor.indexBIFSizedFiles(AbstractJobProcessor.java:240)
at com.interwoven.hunter.index.AbstractJobProcessor.indexBranch(AbstractJobProcessor.java:193)
at com.interwoven.hunter.index.BulkJobProcessor.processNextJob(BulkJobProcessor.java:76)
at com.interwoven.hunter.index.Indexer.run(Indexer.java:153)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
[07 Nov 2006 11:00:47,464] INFO com.interwoven.hunter.index.BulkJobProcessor (BulkIndexer-0) - Job complete, but branch is still unindexed.
I could not understand what permission is denied like permission for creating index or logs or something else. Can anybody help me out.