TS 5 upgrade

System
System Administrator
edited July 16, 2021 in TeamSite #1
We are planning to upgrade TS 5 on the same server where we have TS 4.5.1 . The question is, what happens to the workareas I already have in my y: drive. can I access them after the upgrade without any problem ?

Thanks in advance
Ram

Comments

• Ram,

We did just what you did. Gaining access to the "Y:" drive was the easy part. Everything was as it was before the upgrade. However; we had issues with trying to login afterwards. Look through the knowledge base about logging in after the upgrade.

I also strongly suggest applying SP1. There are some very annoying issues with templating and TS in general that are fixed in Service Pack 1. If you have TS and Templating you will need to download both of the updates - they are pretty big.

Dan Bowker
  • Dan,

Any other pitfalls with TS5 upgrade as we are about to embark on this and would like to be as prepared as possible beforethe TC's arrive?

Thanks in advance
  • After the upgrade we couldn't login. There was a file (and unfortunately I don't remember the name of it!) that needed to be renamed. The installation assumed something that was incorrect and we needed to delete some file, and rename another one in it's place.

It prevented us from being able to sign on.
  • Hi-
    I've heard mention of an upgrade toolkit available from IW for this process, but have never been able to find mention of it anywhere on the site or product docs-
    We recently upgraded from 4.2 to 5.0.1, but did it on completely new servers and then OD'd everything between them-
    While doing your upgrade on the same server, did you utilize any type of upgrade toolkit provided by IW, perhaps even if it was just a whitepaper or something of the sort? If so, where did you find it?

thanks

Greg Sumers
  • Greg,

Sorry. I have not heard about an upgrade toolkit.

Dan Bowker
TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs