Yeah, your answer sounds right and I was hoping otherwise but I guess this isn't possible. I searched through the posts and found a 3-year old message that looked hopeful:http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums_vb/showthread.php?t=2695&forumid=12&highlight=multiple+transactionalUnfortunately, it's vague at the end.
Well, fish, you managed to get me dizzy.I don't think it's quite what you're envisioning. I've actually already done a pretty sweet workaround to this but I think this topic bears some discussion.I'd like to run DD using dbschema rather than a do-sql block. I need to run 6 data deployments transactionally -- so, if deployment #5 fails, 1 through 4 roll back and #6 is never attempted. Actually, they don't need to be sequential but you get the idea.Not that this adds any more complexity but I also need to run this with OpenDeploy so I had it kicking off one DNR wrapper script that I thought to invoke all of the DataDeploys... but that's pretty much where I left it when I became confident that my approach was not going to work.Dave
<deployment name="def0"> <exec-deployment use="def1"/> <exec-deployment use="def2"/> ...</deployment>
Yep, that worked! And, apparently it does a commit at the end, too. I thought that the multiple exec-deployment was only available for OD.
Jed,Good question -- I'm running 6.0.1 on Win2k. I've tested it quite a bit in the 3+ schema scenario and it actually works quite well. Of course, I'm not sure I can tell the difference between a "zig" and a "zag". Dave
Maybe -- it might also be the database platform and/or JDBC driver(s). I haven't had memory issues yet but I'm sure I'll post something if I do!
What I'm talking about is a single DD config file with multiple definitions (def1, def2, def3, etc.) each of which has its own dbschema, etc. - and an additional definition (def0) which basically looks like this:<deployment name="def0"> <exec-deployment use="def1"/> <exec-deployment use="def2"/> ...</deployment>So - instead of running DD multiple times to invoke the individual definitions (def1, def2, ...) you run it once for def0 - and that I believe could then be transactional across all the other definitions.However, I could be wrong - this is just based on distant memories.
Hi Ghoti,I am running through the same problem of making two deployments transactional. The first one is pre_dd deployment and second is schema deployment. Can you give some direction to me ? As the two deployments command parameters differ. what should I give in the third deployment ?OD . 6.0.1