Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Transition comments
ela
Hi,
I'm using TeamSite 4.5.1 and would like to know if there's a way to add transition comments to email notifications in a workflow. I would be very happy for some help here.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
There is a subroutine in the iwsend_mail.ipl script called get_transition_comments that does exactly this. If you don't have a copy of iwsend_mail.ipl, email me and I will send you a copy.
Dave Smith
davidh.smith@nike.com
<font color='red'>Dave Smith</font>
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
catorarn
Hi Dave,
Could you send me this iwsend_mail.ipl script as well please. I have a customer querying how to get transition comments displayed in the todo list. I think he would be happy with a comment in an email notification for a start.
would you happen to know how to get a transition comment into the todo list in TeamSite?
thanks in advance,
Arnout Cator
Technical Support Engineer
Interwoven Inc.
Switchboard: +44 1344 631 900
Fax : +31 (0)30 263 5188
Email :
eurosupport@interwoven.com
arnout.cator@interwoven.com
Web :
http://www.interwoven.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Want to troubleshoot a technical issue, download a software upgrade
or review a case? The solution may be just a click away.
Please visit our SUPPORT WEBSITE at
http://support.interwoven.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Migrateduser
Hi Arnout,
I've attached the version of iwsend_mail.ipl that handles transition comments and embeds them in an email when used as an externaltask script. This is a version that I actually wrote while working as a contractor for Interwoven early in 2000. It was shipped with the 4.2.1 version, but I'm not sure if it was shipped with 4.5 or not. Anyway, here it is.
I have no clue how to manipulate the ToDo list to add information. That would be awesome if you could do that. As far as I know, the ToDo list is not customizable, but if you find out that it is, please let me know. I also have a script that I use in all my workflows with an externaltask as the last task before the endtask - this script creates a job history file that contains every task executed, the date it was executed and by whom, and also lists all the files in the job. Since there is no history saved for a job once the job becomes inactive, this really helps us out a lot. Let me know if that script might be useful for any of your customers as well.
Regards,
Dave
<font color='red'>Dave Smith</font>
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
StoryTeller Fragments.zip
rwinterpacht
Something that we do for each external task is log the information to a log file in a "log" workarea, so that the workflow audit trail is readily available to each branch. Simply call a "log_data(arg1, arg2, ...)" method and it handles everything from there.
jajtiii
I would find your script very helpful. I am trying to provide persistent storage of the comments associated with tasks (basically why approved or reject). If there is any way that you could attach it to a reply or email
Jones.Tyler@dom.com
. Thanks.