Deploy only changed files

Options
System
System Administrator
edited July 16, 2021 in TeamSite #1
For reasons I won't go into (!) I need to use OpenDeploy to write files to a server ONLY IF they've been changed in TeamSite. The target directory will be empty but only changed files should be written to it. I thought we could get around this one using editions but the following has been pointed out to me:
"I believe it is very dangerous to use this type of comparison within OpenDeploy. If somebody rejects the workflow after checking the edition (without deployment), then the next deployment will compare the new edition with the last (wrong) one. To be sure that the previous edition is similar to the target server, every edition must get deployed - even if it is wrong! And who really wants to do that?"

This seems a valid point - does anyone have any idea how to get round this?

TIA, Ian

Comments

• We've been using TS w/OD for about 10 months. We do just what you describe, only deploy changes since the last edition. To help ensure that files aren't staged between the deploy and edition, we create the editions very early in the work day (we have one admin who comes in hours before everyone else).

In the 10 months, we've only missed one file, but it is up to the person who stages/deploys to CHECK THEIR WORK in the production environment. We also deploy editions (just in case) every once in a while (about once per week, depending upon activity).

Good luck
    Dan Bowker
TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs