using callouts to set metadata

nhe
nhe
edited July 16, 2021 in TeamSite #1
I'm working on using callouts to populate some of the selection criteria for setting extended-attributes. The problem is that after the selection has been made from the callout window, the result is not pulled back into the extended-attribute field. It seems as though the javascript within the perl script is ignoring the extended attribute field.

I have been using the same cgi-script examples that was provided for the data records because it seemed that the datacapture.cfg files for data records and extended-attributes have the same format (is this correct?). But the example only works for creating new data records and not for setting metadata.

Can anyone shed any light on why this might be?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• dcrs are content within a file while the extended attribute is set on a file and can be checked with iwextattr command.
  • There is a problem with the example CGI... which has already been reported to engineering.

Previous versions of TeamSite - both metadata capture and templating used the same structure. However, with
    5.0.1 + the CGI API for templating has changed - but the metadatacapture API has not been updated yet and still uses the old API. Unfortunately, the example that shipped with the product was already modified - and as you discovered does not work with the old API.

You need to contact Interwoven and get them to send you the old example script which works with the metadata template.
TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs