Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
making DCR entry part of workflow
System
Hi:
I know that you can make metadata entry a cgi task of the workflow, so that we can make some user enter metadata regarding a document they've checked into teamsite.
Can the same be done with Data Records? I haven't seen any documentation that suggest this can be done, but it seems that something that would be useful.
Can I make a new data record window pop up as a task of a workflow? If this can be done, how do you specify which data record template to show the user, and how to save the dcr entry once it is completed.
Thank you in advance for all you help.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
did you get this to work? could you let me know if you implemented this? I too am in the same situation. Your inputs will be helpful.
-Aparna
plazm
If you wanna popup a DCR window, you can use a CGI task and do the following:
1) Create a stub empty DCR
2) Assign metadata to this DCR to indicate which data type it belongs to (use iwextattr CLT)
3) Use casual contributor interface to display the DCT. Just print some Java Script from the CGI to invoke CCI link.
A.
p.s. Just a follow-up
The opened DCT is not gonna be a part of the workflow. So you really have to go to some dummy user task after the CGI task to make you workflow wait until a user edits the DCR.
p.p.s. I know it sounds messy
Edited by plazm on 07/11/02 07:44 PM (server time).
pedailey
Have you found an answer to your question about using the Create/Edit Data Record window through a cgi task inthe workflow? I am trying to do the exact same thing right now unsuccessfully. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ARichter
Our primary workflow does just what I think you're asking about -- opens a DCR edit window for a predetermined file. In the workflow, the user specifies a dcr name (in our case, just a record number). We have an CGI task which creates a template DCR file and adds the extended attributes (if the DCR doesn't already exist), then submits a form to open the DCR edit window for that file.
The disadvantage of this method is that the DCR opens in a new editor window, which, unless you do some javascripting, results in a blank browser window open behind the DCR edit window.
Hope this helps,
Alex Richter
Web Programmer,
Intuit SBPF Internet Services
The relevant code snippet from the CGI task is:
print <<"END";
Content-type: text/html
<HTML>
<BODY onLoad='document.forms[0].submit();'>
<FORM ACTION="iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi/tmplJavaBrowserSwitch.cgi/edit_dcr" METHOD="POST">
<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="session" VALUE="$sessonid">
<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="task_id" VALUE="$taskid">
<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="wf_action" VALUE="callback">
<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="area_path" VALUE="$workarea">
<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="path_0" VALUE="$dcr_file_name">
</FORM>
</BODY>
</HTML>
END
pedailey
Thanks! That looks like its exactly what I needed. Just out of curiosity, how do you continue through the workflow from the DCR edit window? Where is the Callback for the task? Unless there is more to your cgi, it must happen somewhere else.
james1
> Just out of curiosity, how do you continue through the
> workflow from the DCR edit window? Where is the
> Callback for the task?
When provided with the "task_id" parameter, the TeamSite Templating data capture servlet will perform a callback on that task ID, after successfully saving the DCR, before closing the editor window.
-- James
pedailey
Two questions about this...
1) We have tried using a simple window.close() to close the blank window, but it ends up not bringing up the DCT at all. What javascripting can you use to close the blank window?
2) When you create the new DCR through the CGI, are you just using touch to do that, then setting the extended attributes? We are doing that, but are running into file ownership issues, because the newly created file is owned by iwui. We have tried unsuccessfully to use chown. How are you doing this?
HCR
I cannot get this to work in 5.52, we had it working in 5.01sp2 but now we have done the upgrade the callback doesn't work any longer!! Any revisions???
Abe
How do I create new dcr as a part of workflow process with pre-defined dcr name?
Adam Stoller
This is relatively simple:
Create a file in the appropriate
/templatedata/
category
/
data-type
/data/
directory with the name you want
Inside that file put the following contents:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE record SYSTEM "dcr4.5.dtd">
<record name="filename-no-path" type="content"></record>
Set the appropriate extended attribute on the file:
iwextattr -s TeamSite/Templating/DCR/Type=category/data-type filename-with-path-as-needed
You'll probably want to add the file to the task too.
You might also want to check out
article 48814
(I just did a search, haven't looked at the attached zip file, kind of late and I'm hoping to get to bed soon ;-)
Hope that helps,
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Abe
Thanks for the replay.
In workflow process,
I have to open a DCR in new editor window, with predefined dcr category and type (without pop-up to select category and type), on close or save & close callback to workflow.
Using form API I could set new dcr name. But not sure how open new DCR Edit window and call back to workflow.
Abe
It works Thanks