Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Trying to seach by document format within WorkSite MP Web
vnava
Is it possible to customize a view set, specifically a search form, so that WorkSite Web 4.1 users can utilize application format (MS Word, Adobe Reader, etc.) as a search criteria?
After reviewing the document component registerd properties I've determined that the "format" registered property is the one that captures the document format information (used in documentImport.jsp command).
My thought was that I should be able to add the "format" field to the document search form (advSearchForm.jsp) but have not had any luck learning how to do so.
Can anyone confirm:
1. that my logic is correct?
2. that it is possible to search for documents based on application format?
If I should follow another process to achieve my goal any advice would be welcomed.
Thank you.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Nicholas
You can edit the jsp and put your format in search for field in your search form. You can do this thru ViewSet Manager. For more details you can refer manuals, I am not sure right now which manual having the relevent information but probably customization one should have.
Thanks Nicholas
kwwong
Hi,
I also have the same requirement. Customise the advSearch page for searching document by format. When I use the Viewset manager, it cannot add the format field to the searching form.
kwwong
vnava
Nicholas,
Your logic appears to be correct but I tried your suggestion prior to posting my question and I was unsuccessful. I have not successfully seen the format property as an available field to add to a search form.
Can you confirm that you were successful in doing what you suggested?
vnava
This issue has resurfaced. Does anyone have an idea?
We are aware of how to use view set manager. We need to know if document format (doc type) is available to be added to a document search form.
Thanks.