Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
ipl file hangs during cgi-callout but not from direct call
System
I have an interesting one. I have an ipl file that I am using for a cgi-callout. It works great when I call it directly from the browser, but when I call it from a DCR in a callout it hangs.
I believe the reason it is hanging is because of the very large amount of data that I am placing into the listbox.
It's strange that it works great with the large amount of data from a direct call to the ipl file from the browser, but not when called via a cgi-callout. If I reduce the amount of option values in the select field down to 20 or so, then it works.
I have attached the code.
This is a side by side listbox that allows the user to move value from one listbox to another.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Okay, here's the wierd thing. If I make the callout call an ipl that contains a redirect to the real ipl that I want, then it works and displays the large listbox. Tommorrow I am going to see if I can send the data back to the open dcr. Not sure if the redirect will make it lose focus.
Pawan
Do you need to put hard coded values ?
Can you opt for retreiving from database in the cgi-callout, that should work better even in case of many values in the list box.
Migrateduser
Actually, that's what I started out with was retrieving the values from the database, then I changed it to hardcoded to see if the database stuff was messing it up. But it fails either way.
I still haven't had a change to continue with trying the redirect solution. I'll update the post if I find that that works.
Tim__D
This is not a performance problem as the content is all static. Is the script hanging or just not sending back html? I dont see Content-type: text/html in your .ipl. You need this to get the right response from the server sometimes.
Migrateduser
I got it to work properly, how, I'm not sure. But it's working without the redirect page in the middle.