Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Data Deploy
System
I have one table which I populate data from metadata (EAs) and another table which I populate data from DCRs (using Data Deploy).
But these 2 tables have a relationship (FK of first table is PK in second table).
My question is can I deploy metadata and templating data from the same deployment?
I was looking at the manuals and these say that I should have one <deployment> tag for metadata and one <deployment> for templating data. But if I do it this way my data integrity is lost. Is there anyway I can combine both?
-Aparna
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
It is possible to update multiple tables with one deployment. If you are using DAS. then you need to make sure that you have modified each of the deployments that are used by DAS (look at a ddgen generated config file). You might have to create your own integrity constraints (I don't beleive that the uds support allows mixing columns from different datacapture.cfg files). Look into using the exec-deployment element to cause one deployment invocation to actually invoked two different deployments. This allows you to specific a different source for each deployment (i.e. metadata records in once case and templating records in another).
Of course, all of this requires cusomization of the dd config file from the one generated by ddgen. So, think about it.
Also - I havent tired this exact case, but the ddsync example config file (tsxml.cfg) utliizes exec-deployments in this fashion and mixes multi deployments from different types and meta data in the same deployment (called "multi").
Migrateduser
Currently it is not possible to deploy DCR content and its associated metadata in a single deployment. Even if you define two different deployments and chain them together using exec-deployment tag, the deployments are executed in two different transactions and you would get the FK violation error still. If you are using DD521 or DD55x, you can write an external tuple preprocessor (a Java class), define the source to be teamsite-templating-records in the config file and have the external tuple preprocessor retrieve the EA values for the asset using the iwextattr CLT and add it to the Hashtable object. You can define arbitrary field mappings in the DD config file for those columns that map the EA values and set those fields up in the external tuple processor. Take a look at the DD Admin Guide for more information.