Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Listing all Branches
Antharix
Is there a way by which all the branches and/or sub-branches be listed?
TS 6.5 on solaris 8.
thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Is there a way by which all the branches and/or sub-branches be listed?
TS 6.5 on solaris 8.
thanks
I assume you mean via the command line? If so - only by writing your own code to do so. The
iwlist
CLT can be used to list and then, recurse and use the previous list to run it again to create additional lists, but personaly I'd rather just write some Perl code to do it. It's not that difficult and is a good exercise for writing code.
rwinterpacht
If you ever went through the conversion of TeamSite 5.0 backing store to 5.5, then the upgrade supplement included some perl scripts that recursed through all the branches to do some workarea updates. I used some of these and modified them to do other things with all branches, like publishing a latest edition. I don't recall the exact name of the script, but it was pretty good...and fast, too.
Yes, it would be a good exercise to write some PERL code...but I'm too lazy, especially knowing someone else has done it already ;->
Thanks,
-Raf