So I am using Win2K dev server with search on the same box as TS. With 6.5 (even 6.7) I was able to index the branches. But now I can only index the small branches. The large ones (tens of thousands of elements) seem to hang the CPU. Basically the box is at 100 % CPU utilization (java process) , then IWSERVER and the Y drive become unresponsive. It stays in this state until I bring down the indexer. Has anyone seen this or have any ideas ? Andy
Yea but for a dev server, that is not heavily utilized, one would think that it could handle search. Once the branches are indexed, it certainly will. But in the mean time it is hosed. If there was a way to throttle back the indexer, let it work slowly and not use 100% of the CPU, I am certain the system can handle the job. It worked fine (albeit slow) in 6.5 & 6.7
Is there a way to turn off full text search ? I would be happy with only file name and EA.
perhaps you could do so by adding more extensions to the list : # Binary extensions. The content in these files will not be indexed, although metadata will be.iw.index.binaryextensions=exe,jpg,gif,psd,tif,tiff,au,wav,bmp,rif,zipnot sure how you would go about adding files that have no extensions (like DCRs typically)... This is the kind of setting we would probably want to set on a per branch basis, though. (found the above in ts 6.5 search.properties; dunno if 6.7 can be configured more selectively)