I have a requirement to prevent any locking at all in a particular branch.I have tried the three locking models and each of them lock files. SubmitMandatory WriteOptional WriteWhen users import a new file it automatically places a lock onto the file. How can I remove locking entirely from a branch?
The type of locking a branch uses cannot be changed after the branch has beencreated
I think the only way to change the locking after the Branch is created is to delete it and re-create it. At least that's according to the Admin guide.You got me thinking about the iwatlock command though. I might have to look into writing something that will unlock any file in that branch after it's locked.
If a user is out sick or on vacation they want to be able to work on the file without having to unlock it. They do not like the locking of the files. I know that it's better to have locking in order to prevent user from deleting or writing over others files. But, in their case all they are working with is images that they upload and submit. No txt based files or DCRs.
d:\iw-home\iw-perl\bin\perl.exe iwatlock.ipl d:\iw-home\custom\custom_unlock.ipl
Still better is to use a TS trigger, edit iw.local file and on the lock command run your script.
You're suggesting that I add something to my iw.cfg file, correct. All I see is how to add logging of an event to the iw.cfg file in the documentation. Can you give me an example?
It's iwlocal.cfg, not iw.cfg. You can not use it, that's Unix specific element.This configuration file does not exist in Windows (since Bill Gates does not know what "signal" is...).
I'm going to have to startup the iwat command from a Windows service.