I've created a workflow(.wft file) and i want to instantiate it or start that workflow in an external task(.ipl file). Can someone tell how to proceed.Thanks in advance.
I suggest you look at iwwft_compile.ipl - this is assuming that you do not want to use a wftask instead of an externaltask
Hi Prerna,Can you explain a bit more on what you want to do?Do you want to call another wft file from an existing one?or, just want to start a wft from an ipl file?TS version?
I already had a look at iwwft_compile.ipl but im not sure how to use it.I read somewhere to use it as iwwft_compile.ipl -i < wftinput.xmlNow, im not clear with what exactly is this wftinput.xml.Is it the job spec file of the workflow?If yes, then how to get that from the existing .wft?
How is it that a TS 6 Certified Consultant doesn't know how to do this?Bravo to IW on their brutal certification process...
It's the input parameter for the workflow template, see perldoc iw-home/bin/iwwft_compile.ipl for more information.iw_home/bin/iwwft_compile.ipl -o iw_home/tmp/jobspec.xml < wfinput.xml sample wfinput.xml [html]default/author_submit.wft author iwuser /default/main/test /default/main/test/WORKAREA/test test en htdocs/test htdocs/index.html [/html]
You may want to take a look at my sample here for some ideas( Here is this post [thread=16055]full thread[/thread] )
I agree that the question you asked is a valid one, however there are some terms like ‘doubt’ and ‘confusion’ for the resolution of which we all became member to this forum. Isn’t it? Anyways, thanks to all and my issue got resolved