TS 6.5SP2, Win2003I have a script from which I'm calling TeamSite::Config::iwgetmount(). The script is otherwise optimized, etc. so when I found that it took almost a minute to run, I started isolating the problem to which line was causing the issue.It seems that iwgetmount() was doing it. Within the Config module, I've isolated the problematic line to where it runs a system call to iwgetmount.exe. Sure enough, when I run this on the command line, it takes anywhere from 18 to 40 seconds for this command to return anything.Why?!Is there something internal to this command that looks for something that my implementation does not have set up properly, perhaps? Why would this command take so long to run? I noticed this weeks ago, when I started working with this script, and now that I'm finishing it, I'm trying to clean up any spots.Dave
i would like to have Bill Gate cell phone no. thank you
Interesting -- this machine doesn't have any printers attached to it but it does have just about every letter reserved for network drives. Might that be it?? I'd really rather not disconnect them because, unless there's a shortcut or technique that I'm not aware of, I'd have to remap those things one by one.
Create and test upfront a batch (cmd) file using NET USE commands to map all resources. See here
There's always a long way to do the same thing ;-)
You've missed the point. That was a reply to Dave's remark "unless there's a shortcut or technique that I'm not aware of, I'd have to remap those things one by one"
Brilliant! That was it! So, iwgetmount, perhaps among other things, polls the network drives in order to get the VFS mount location? How inefficient! That can only be as good as the operating system / network environment and knowing how my customer's environment is (unfortunately) Microsoft-based, you can imagine what a great performer it is.So, I guess I can kiss the iwgetmount command goodbye?Still, this seems short-sighted of IW to have the command examine the network mounts.
your script is waiting for this MS brain f6rt to complete
define "shortcut"
So, if iwgetmount works so poorly (at least, in my instance), why would iwgetlocation work so well in comparison? The two commands are getting their information differently so, not knowing intimately how iwgetlocation works, why wouldn't iwgetmount work the same way?