Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
expand_rcs_macros
System
Is "expand_rcs_macros" in the submit.cfg file supported on Windows? The Windows 6.5 documentation doesn't mention it anywhere, but the Unix documentation does so I'm guessing it's a Unix only option?
The reason I ask, is that I am moving the submit.cfg from a Unix box over to a Windows box and some of the tpls are using the expan_rcs_macros functionality?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Did a little more reading and have determined that this is only Unix. (I'm not a Unix guy, but it looks like RCS is some sort of revision control, just guessing, maybe some of you Unix folks can clue me in on what it is)
nipper
Yea it is. That is a public domain tool like SourceSafe. If you have RCS keywords in you code (almost no one does) then TS can put the comments and user information in the code.
If you do not know you need it, then you likely do not.
Andy
Adam Stoller
FWIW - if you're interested in knowing more about RCS - look
here
. RCS is (or was, it's been a while since I've looked) the underlying engine for
CVS
.