hias i know You can Use the __VALUE__ so You can try Out thismy $iw_workarea = __VALUE__('iw_workarea');hope this solve Ur problemThanks
my $iw_workarea = __VALUE__('iw_workarea');
Is it possible to get workflow id inside wft file, if yes please tell me how?
Hi,I think this will give the workarea vpath. I think this cannot be done, as workflow id is created after the workflow is invoked. The only way i am aware of is in the external tasks.
okcan You try out this my ($wfid,$taskid,$workarea) = (shift,shift,shift);this should Solve Ur problem
didi U try external tasks to do this
I better know with external tasks. As said above I am asking inside WFT file.
Well, can't blame one for trying to be helpful ;-)As stated earlier - the jobid is not accessible directly within the WFT as it doesn't exist until the WFT itself is instantiated.You could use an externaltask to capture the jobid and store it as a job variable - which then would make it available - but I'm not sure there's much point in that as generally the tasks that would make use of it would be externaltasks and cgitasks, which can get this information themselves.Why were you trying to get the jobid within the WFT?
I'm wondering how many times the wft file is executed.Is it exectued once?ie: generate the TAG_info section and after the user enters input, combines an intermediate xml file with the user input to arrive at the job sepecification xml file.orIs it exectued twice?ie: generate the TAG_info section and after the user enters input, execute the wft again to arrive at the job specification xml file.
I believe the code within the WFT is executed either 2 or 3 times during instantiation (can't remember which). However - this still won't get you the job id inside the wft because the code is executed prior to the actual instantiation of the job and thus there's nothing to dereference to get the jobid.
Twice, once before the TAG__Info screen is entered and then after.
But Andy, what i have experienced is if i dont have the TAG_INFO tags then also it executed twice.As per me.... once for template_script tag and other for instantiating the job. May be i could be wrong, please correct me... in case.
That would not surprise me. The flow is supposed to be run once to generate the TAG__Info screen, then again using the data entered. I have not tried to check to see how many times it runs on a no-instantiation screen workflow.
It should execute the same number of times because it doesn't check first to see if it needs to do the first pass (there are very few WFTs out there that have no template_script sections)
True, though I wrote a 1 button submit/release for my last gig. It is only available to a few users, but select a file, press a custom button on the GUI and viola, a few seconds later your change is in Prod (with images, generated HTML, etc).For the truly lazy (like me) it was great.
I can beat that. We have a press release process that allows a user in corporate communications to fill out a web form with the text of the press release, then they click a button that wraps a template around the text, calls a CGI script on the TeamSite server that builds a job spec and pushes the files to production. They love it.