Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Strange search behaviour in non IE browsers
suj
The mediabin search seems to produce duplicate results in the search results in non IE browsers when ordered by any field other than Name. I observe that this happens if an asset has more than one revision. When I delete the versions, the search results seem to work fine.
I tried to search on the Name with contains clause as .pdf. The results produced 3 assets with one asset (which had two versions) as a duplicate.
Looking at the code, I find that in IE, sorting occurs at the client side using javascript. But for any other browsers, it does a trip to the server to fetch results from the session variable.
I observed this with Mozilla firefox. I believe this behaviour should be the same on Apple Safari (whic is a supported browser) also, although I dont have a Mac machine to test this.
The code seems to provide support for non IE browsers although I dont see this in the Release notes.
Can anybody give some pointers, how to fix this?
Env: Mediabin 4.5.3 Build 15/ windows 2003
TIA
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
If you haven't applied the 4.5.3 patch to MediaBin server to fix duplicate search results, you should try that first, then see if you still have a discrepancy among browsers. This is a known problem that occurs only when the assets in the result set have multiple revisions, and then only under certain circumstances. I just checked all the posted patches on the Interwoven Support site and that one isn't there, so please contact Customer Support for this patch.
Migrateduser
Does this issue apply to 4.5.2?
Migrateduser
No, only 4.5.3. Pagination of search results was added in 4.5.3. MediaBin server is used to sort search results containing more that the minimum number of items in a page. Otherwise, at least for IE, the sorting is still done client side. The problem originated in the new sort code in MediaBin server.
FYI: for the next release (4.6 due out 4/1) pagination has been extended to browsing folders (not just search results) in both native Windows and WEB clients. Sorting has been entirely moved to MediaBin server in all cases.
suj
I got the patch from support and it works fine now. Thanks for the pointers.